Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What happens when?? tips for safe shooting.



day 30
Not becoming a victim





So you've got thousands of dollars worth of gear in your bag and you've a shoot in a shifty place.

what now??

There are numerous ways of shooting safer.

Depending on what you prefer, as usual. (hopefully you've learned so far that doing what works for you is the best way ever.)


I, myself, like to shoot in numbers. I will rarely ever shoot by myself. Not only is it more fun to shoot with a group but there's always safety in numbers.

every day carry
I, myself, try not to look like a victim. In a sense, I try not to look lost. I get to a location early and learn the layout of your surroundings. Scout it out first. That way you won't have to ask around for directions.

Watch your back. There's no substitute for situational awareness. As a photographer, you should know your surroundings. Lest you want a football to fly into your family jewels as you peer into the viewfinder.

8/105 karambit

Don't make yourself a target. Don't look vulnerable. There's a knife in my pocket(sometimes), it's visible next to the guy without one- I'm a harder target.


side profile
Conceal your equipment. Use camera bags that don't look like camera bags.



Nervous...
Insure your equipment. For the cost of a movie date per month, you can ensure your gear. In case you something does happen, you won't be inclined to resist. Reduce your worrying.



No comments:

Post a Comment