Friday, November 12, 2010

UPDATESS!!!(Mac Mini 2010 review included!!)

Sorry Readers!

I've been super busy catching up on my backlog as well as starting some new projects here and there.

Also, the Foolprame is now equipped with a mac! HOORAY!

The necessity to have to reformat my hard drives kept me from switching over for a while, but I found that I don't have to thanks to some fantastic mac friendly software that will allow me to use NTFS format drives.

this saves me alot of time in reacquainting myself with the new system,

but...onto the actual unit.

I already had a good monitor so I picked up a 2010 mac mini. (not the largest investment,)in case I don't this operating system.

The mini had been out for a while and for a few years, the only system they had that had not been revamped.
This year they introduced the Mac Mini 2010- faster, smaller, and more efficient.

My mini came with 2.4ghz of blah and 4gb of blah upgradeable to 8gb of blah blah blah...

so far so good. it's quick with Lightroom, quick with photoshop and is wonderful at multitasking.

The addition of wireless accessories allows me to save USB ports for useful gadgets like my card readers, hard drives, monitor calibrator, and printer.

The mac wireless keyboard- super tiny. I'm used to having a full sized keyboard with a right side number pad. But I'm getting used to it pretty quickly.

The magic mouse (this thing really sold me to Apple.) It makes things soooo simple. No middle click- but I don't miss it.



Final Verdict(s):

Mac Mini-
Pros-
- Artistic Design
- great fit for small workspaces
- efficient- easy ram upgrade (it's as easy as changing a card on your camera)
- Mac OSX runs super smooth.
- Fewer viruses on Apple's side.
- hdmi port

Cons-
- the least expensive computer Apple offers, yet is still expensive.
- ships with a hdmi to mini display adapter. I think we should be able to get a choice.
- requires extra programs to use NTFS formatted hard drives.'

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment